. . .
آمَنَ الرَّسُولُ بِمَا أُنزِلَ إِلَيْهِ مِن رَّبِّهِ وَالْمُؤْمِنُونَ ۚ كُلٌّ آمَنَ بِاللَّهِ وَمَلَائِكَتِهِ وَكُتُبِهِ وَرُسُلِهِ لَا نُفَرِّقُ بَيْنَ أَحَدٍ مِّن رُّسُلِهِ ۚ وَقَالُوا سَمِعْنَا وَأَطَعْنَا ۖ غُفْرَانَكَ رَبَّنَا وَإِلَيْكَ الْمَصِيرُ
The Messenger believeth in what hath been revealed to him from his Lord, as do the men of faith. Each one (of them) believeth in Allah, His angels, His books, and His messengers. “We make no distinction (they say) between one and another of His Messengers.” And they say: “We hear, and we obey: (We seek) Thy forgiveness, our Lord, and to Thee is the end of all journeys.”~ 2:285
لَا يُكَلِّفُ اللَّهُ نَفْسًا إِلَّا وُسْعَهَا ۚ لَهَا مَا كَسَبَتْ وَعَلَيْهَا مَا اكْتَسَبَتْ ۗ رَبَّنَا لَا تُؤَاخِذْنَا إِن نَّسِينَا أَوْ أَخْطَأْنَا ۚ رَبَّنَا وَلَا تَحْمِلْ عَلَيْنَا إِصْرًا كَمَا حَمَلْتَهُ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِنَا ۚ رَبَّنَا وَلَا تُحَمِّلْنَا مَا لَا طَاقَةَ لَنَا بِهِ ۖ وَاعْفُ عَنَّا وَاغْفِرْ لَنَا وَارْحَمْنَا ۚ أَنتَ مَوْلَانَا فَانصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ
On no soul doth Allah Place a burden greater than it can bear. It gets every good that it earns, and it suffers every ill that it earns. (Pray:) “Our Lord! Condemn us not if we forget or fall into error; our Lord! Lay not on us a burden Like that which Thou didst lay on those before us; Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Blot out our sins, and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. Thou art our Protector; Help us against those who disbelieve ~ 2:286
عَنْ أَبِي مَسْعُودٍ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ قَالَ ” مَنْ قَرَأَ الآيَتَيْنِ مِنْ آخِرِ سُورَةِ الْبَقَرَةِ فِي لَيْلَةٍ كَفَتَاهُ
Hazrat Ibn Mas’ud Radiyallahu Anhu narrated that Rasullulah Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam said : “Whoever recited the last two verses of Surah Baqarah at night, they will be sufficient for him.” ~ Bukhari
According to various Ahaadeeth of Rasullulah Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam, the concluding verses (285:286) of Surah Baqarah, ‘Aamanar Rasoolu … till the end, hold immense value and contain great merits. A special Angel descended upon its revelation, emphasising the importance of these verses!
“When Hazrat Jibraeel (AS) was with Rasullulah Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam, he heard a sound from above like a door opening. Hazrat Jibraeel (AS) looked up towards the sky and said: ‘This is a gate in Heaven that has been opened, and it was never opened before.” He said: “An Angel came down from it and came to Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam and said: ‘Receive the glad tidings of two lights that have been given to you, that were never given to any Messenger before you: The Opening of the Book (Al-Fatihah) and the last verses of Surat Al-Baqarah. You will never recite a single letter of them but you will be granted it.’” ~ (Sahih)
Of the blessings narrated :
• Rasullulah Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam said that Allah Almighty has sent forth these two verses out of the treasures of Paradise and had written them two thousand years earlier than the creation of all things and beings.
• One who recites these two verses after the Esha Salaah, and is unabale to wake up for Tahujjud Salaah, will be regarded as those who have stood up for Tahajjud Salaah.
• Rasullulah Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam said that Allah Subahaanahu Wa Ta’ala has concluded Surah al-Baqarah with these two verses, which have been given to me out of His Grace from the special treasure that lies under His ‘Arsh’ (Divine Throne) ~ (Ahmed)
• Sayyidna Umar Radiyallahu Anhu and Sayyidna Ali Radiyallahu Anhu said that they thought that anybody who has any sense in him, would never go to sleep without having recited these two verses ` ~(Bukhari)
• Rasullulah Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam said : Whoever recited the last two verses of Surah Baqarah for three nights, no devil will remain in the house (ie: he will be protected from Shaytaan) ~ (Tirmidhi)
• Hazrat Abu Mas’ud Radiyallahu Anhu said that Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam said: “Whoever recites the last two Verses of Surah Al-Baqarah at night, that will be sufficient for him.” We should make it a practice to memorize these verses and recite them either in our Isha prayers or before we go to sleep ~ (Sunan Ibn Majah)
• Hazrat Jubair ibn Nufair Radiyallahu Anhu narrated that Rasullulah Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam said : “Allah Ta’ala concluded Surah Al Baqarah with two verses which I have been given, from His treasure, which is under the Throne; so learn them and teach them to your women-folk for they are a blessing, a means of gaining closeness to Allah Ta’ala and is a supplication.”
. . .
Supplications mentioned in the Last Two Verses of Surah Baqarah
رَبَّنا لا تُؤاخِذنا إِن نَسينا أَو أَخطَأنا
Rabbana laa tu-aakhizna in naseena aw akhta’na
‘”Our Lord ! take us not to task if we forget or fall into error”
. . .
رَبَّنا وَلا تَحمِل عَلَينا إِصرًا كَما حَمَلتَهُ عَلَى الَّذينَ مِن قَبلِنا
Rabbana walaa tahmil ‘alaynaa isran kamaa hamaltahu alallazeena min qablina.
Our Lord, and lay not upon us a burden like that which You laid upon those before us.
. . .
رَبَّنا وَلا تُحَمِّلنا ما لا طاقَةَ لَنا بِهِ ۖ وَاعفُ عَنّا وَاغفِر لَنا وَارحَمنا ۚ أَنتَ مَوْلَانَا فَانصُرنا عَلَى القَومِ الكٰفِرينَ .
Rabbana wala tuhammilna ma laa taaqata lana bihi. W’afu ‘anna
waghfirlanaa warhamnaa anta mawlaana fansurna alal qawmil kaafireen
Our Lord, and burden us not with that which we have no ability to bear. And pardon us; and forgive us; and have mercy upon us. You are our protector, so give us victory over the disbelieving people.
~ Surah Al-Baqarah Verse 286