Narrated by Hazrat Abdullah ibn Mas’ud : Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam said, “He who repents of a sin is like him who has committed no sin.” ~ Al-Tirmidhi
Important aspects discussed in this Hadith :
• Turning towards Allah in humility, after having disobeyed Him or transgressed His limits.
• Making Sincere Repentance (Taubah)
3 Necessary Steps which Complete the Acceptance of One’s Taubah with regard to Huququllah :
• Leaving the sin immediately.
• Feeling ashamed/regretful/remorseful over having committed the sin.
• Making a firm intention not to commit the sin again.
However, if, after some time, a person (who has made a firm resolution never to go back to the sin), suddenly slips and finds himself committing the sin again, then Sincere Taubah (repentance and forgiveness) should be sought again.. … Allah Ta’ala is Ghafurur Raheem (Most Forgiving, Most Merciful). He will Forgive!